Thursday is Question Day, so here is today’s question.
What is your favourite essential oil?
I have two faves. Lavender and Wild Orange. I use DoTerra oils. I do not sell them but I appreciate the quality of their oils.
Lavender was my Nanna’s perfume. She wore Yardley Lavender every day. Even today, a half century she she passed away, the scent brings her back to me.
Lavender has been used for centuries to relieve tension and insomnia. It is a most versatile oil and is a must in my house. Uses include:-
- soothing skin – acne, razor burn, skin nourishment (masks, moisturiser)
- cuticle care
- deodorising the home – a few drops of oil in a spray bottle of water – blissful.
- sleep promotion – add to the bath or diffuser
- cooking – lavender cake -yum
- easing stress and anxiety – apply topically (dilute with fractionated coconut oil) or diffuse
Wild Orange is strongly scented oil. It has an immediate uplifting property that I really like, almost like it is energising the air. I love diffusing it in my office. It gives me the energy and focus to work on accomplishing my goals.
What is your favourite? Please comment below, and don’t forget to say how you use your favourite oils to enhance your wellbeing and lifestyle.